Noodles are known as a piece of pasta. They are long and skinny. They are made from dough. The dough made from wheat flour, buckwheat, rice flour, egg and water generally after dough making, they cut or rolled. Noodles are a common food in China and Italy, often served with a bowl of soup.
They are cooked in boiling water and have various shapes, but all are long in size. For short-term, storage keeps them in the refrigerator or for long-term dry them and keep them in a dry place.
The invention of Noodles:
They are invented in China. In the earliest record they found in the Han family in 25-220CE. They are very popular in the Han family and these are made from wheat flour. In China 4,000 years ago, we found evidence of noodles.
Health Benefits of Noodles:
They are good sources of carbohydrates, which is good for a balanced diet. If noodles make from wheat flour, then they are a good source of protein. When they cooked with vegetables, they become healthier.
Here some benefits described of eating noodles:
- It regulates blood sugar levels because they have carbohydrates that break down glucose which is used for energy.
- They have fewer calories so they help to reduce weight.
- They are good sources of folate; this vitamin helps to reduce the risk of cancer.
- They have carbohydrates that give energy to the body for better physical performance.
Are noodles Junk Food?
Not really, they are not junk food. Fiber, vitamins, and minerals found in these food sources give energy and help reduce the risk of cancer while also regulating blood sugar levels.
Tips for making noodles healthy:
- Add Vegetables: Vegetables are a good source of fiber, vitamins & minerals naturally. They also add some texture and enhance flavor.
- Choose a slender protein: When you added some meat to your noodles, they become a good source of protein and less fat.
- Don’t add salt: In salt, there is a mineral that is sodium, they have salt already so no need to add more because when sodium increases the chances of high blood pressure are also increased.
- Choose whole-grain Wheat: They are made from buckwheat, wheat or rice. They are a good source of minerals, vitamins and proteins.
Different ways to cook noodles:
- Boiling: This is the most common way to cook them. For boiling them, add them to a boiling water pot, and cook them for the recommended time that is provided on the packet after boiling drain them. Oil or butter can also be added to boiling water to prevent them from meshy.
- Baked: This is the most common way to cook them in Italian cuisine. For boiling them, add them to a boiling water pot, and cook them for the recommended time that is provided on the packet after boiling drain them. Added them into a dish and baked them in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Frying: This is a common way of cooking in Asian cuisine. For this, add them to the pan which contains oil and cook them for 3-5 minutes, then add them to soups.
Types of noodles and creative ways to cook them:
- Wheat noodle: This is the most common type of noodles. These made from wheat. They are good sources of minerals, vitamins and fiber. They have different shapes & sizes.
Boil them in water for 6-8 minutes and then add them to the soup you also can stir-fry ramen noodle with vegetable and lean protein
- Egg noodle: This is the most common type of noodle in Asian and European cuisine. These made from wheat flour, eggs & water. They are also good sources of minerals, vitamins and fiber. They are also different shapes & sizes.
Boil them in water for 3-5 minutes and then add them to the soup you also can stir-fry ramen noodle with vegetable and lean protein
- Rice noodle: This is the most common type of noodle in Asian cuisine. These made from rice flour & water. They mostly found in Pad Thai & pho. They are also in different shapes & sizes like vermicelli.
Soak them in water for 5 minutes and then add them to the soup you also can stir-fry ramen noodle with vegetables and lean protein. You also can boil them for 8-10 minutes and then added into a salad.
- Ramen noodle: These are Japanese noodle. They made from wheat flour, eggs, water & salt. They are also in different sizes and shapes.
Boil them in water for 3 minutes and then add them to the soup you also can stir-fry ramen noodle with vegetables and lean protein.
Creative recipes with noodles:
- Stir-fry: It’s a common Asian cuisine. Cook them for 5-7 minutes with vegetables and lean protein.
- Chicken noodle Soup: It’s a classic noodle dish. For this add them, vegetables and chicken into a pot with water and cook until the chicken cooked.
- Ramen Soup: It’s a common Asian cuisine. For this add them, vegetables and chicken broth into a pot with water and cook for 5 minutes.
- Soup: It’s a common Italian cuisine. For this add them, vegetables, sauce and cheese into a pot with water and cook for 10 minutes.
Interesting facts about noodles:
- 1st noodle made in the China. It made from cereal grain or millet.
- 1st instant ramen noodle invented in Japan.
- They are the cheapest meal to eat.
- They also considered good for health.
- Cup noodles invented by Japan.
- They have wide variety. They made with wheat, buckwheat, rice, eggs.
- This food considered as luxury item.
- There is museum Osaka, Japan. In this museum, there are records of almost 4560 varieties of them and also the process of making them.
- Most important food in Japan is noodle Because when during World War II, Japan experienced a shortage of food the only food available at that time is dried noodles.
- In China, they are the symbol of long life. They prepared for every occasion.
Where to buy noodles:
- Bakeries: You can buy them from local bakeries. They are easily available at every bakery or shop.
- Online: You also can buy them from online stores. There are varieties of noodles available, you can buy them according to your taste.
- Grocery stores: You also can buy them from grocery stores. They have a limited selection in stores.
Noodles used in many dishes. There are different types available. They have protein, fiber & minerals that are good for the body. They also help out to lose weight and reduce the cancer risk level. You can boil, bake & fry noodles. This is perfect meal and is quick and easy to cook.