As a parent, it can be tough to find meals that your children will actually enjoy and want to eat. However, there are plenty of delicious recipes out there that will keep your little ones satisfied and happy. Here most satisfying and easy recipes for your kids. Must try these recipes your kids definitely love it.
Here are ten recipes that your kids are sure to love:
1. Homemade chicken nuggets
Skip the fast-food drive-thru and make these delicious, crispy chicken nuggets at home. Your kids will love the crunchy exterior and juicy interior. Kids love fast food and make this easy recipe for them.
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- Mix the flour, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and black pepper in a bowl.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs.
- In a third bowl, add the breadcrumbs.
- Take the chicken cubes and coat them in the flour mixture.
- Dip the chicken cubes in the beaten eggs, then coat them in breadcrumbs.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray.
- Place the chicken nuggets in the air fryer basket in a single layer, ensuring they are not touching each other.
- Spray the chicken nuggets with cooking spray.
- Cook the chicken nuggets for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and crispy, flipping them halfway through.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
2. Macaroni and cheese
It’s a classic for a reason. Cheesy and comforting, this dish is a crowd-pleaser among all ages. Kids love cheese with the help of cheese you cam make them happy. Must try this recipe for your kids.
- 1 pound of elbow macaroni
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried basil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cook the elbow macaroni according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Whisk in the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Gradually whisk in the milk and heavy cream until smooth.
- Add the garlic powder, onion powder, dried basil, salt, and black pepper to the saucepan. Stir until well combined.
- Add the shredded cheddar cheese, grated Parmesan cheese, and softened cream cheese to the saucepan. Stir until the cheeses are melted, and the sauce is smooth.
- Add the cooked elbow macaroni to the saucepan and stir until the macaroni is coated in the cheese sauce.
- Pour the macaroni and cheese into a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Bake the macaroni and cheese in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
- Remove the macaroni and cheese from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
Homemade pizza can be a fun and easy way for kids to get involved in the kitchen. Plus, who doesn’t love pizza? Kids love pizza make it at home with this easy recipe. Your kids definitely love it.
For the pizza dough:
- 3 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of active dry yeast
- 1 1/4 cups of warm water
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
For the pizza toppings:
- 1 cup of tomato sauce
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Your choice of toppings, such as pepperoni, mushrooms, bell peppers, onions, etc.
- Combine the flour, sugar, salt, and active dry yeast in a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Add the warm water and olive oil to the bowl and mix until the dough comes together.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface for 5-10 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Cover the dough in a greased bowl with a damp cloth. Let it rest in a warm place for 1 hour until it has doubled.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface until it is the desired size and thickness.
- Place the rolled-out dough on a greased pizza pan or baking sheet.
- Spread the tomato sauce over the dough, leaving a 1-inch border around the edges.
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese over the tomato sauce.
- Add your choice of toppings on top of the cheese.
- Bake the pizza in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
4. Spaghetti and meatballs
Another classic, this hearty meal is easy to make and always a hit with kids.
For the meatballs:
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 egg
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper
For the tomato sauce:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
For the spaghetti:
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, chopped onion, egg, minced garlic, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Form the mixture into small meatballs about 1 inch in diameter.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, minced garlic, and sauté until the onion is soft and translucent for about 5 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, chopped basil, salt, and black pepper to the saucepan. Bring the sauce to a simmer and let it cook for 10 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook for 8-10 minutes or until al dente.
- In a separate skillet, cook the meatballs over medium heat until browned on all sides and cooked through about 10-12 minutes.
- Add the cooked meatballs to the tomato sauce and let them simmer together for a few minutes.
- Serve the spaghetti topped with the meatball tomato sauce and grated Parmesan cheese.
A simple and quick meal that is versatile and can be filled with whatever your kids like, from cheese to chicken to vegetables.
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar, Monterey Jack, or a combination of both)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sour cream, salsa, and guacamole for serving
- In a mixing bowl, combine the shredded cheese, chopped green onions, chopped cilantro, chopped jalapeño pepper (if using), ground cumin, chili powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Place a tortilla in the skillet and spread about 1/2 cup of the cheese mixture evenly over half of the tortilla.
- Fold the tortilla in half and press down gently with a spatula.
- Cook the quesadilla for 2-3 minutes on each side or until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas and cheese mixture, adding more oil to the skillet as needed.
- Cut the quesadillas into wedges and serve hot with sour cream, salsa, and guacamole.
Another dish that can be customized with a variety of toppings, from guacamole to salsa to sour cream. Make tacos for your kids and enjoy their happiness.
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 taco shells
- Shredded lettuce
- Diced tomato
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef or turkey over medium-high heat until browned. Drain the excess fat.
- Add the chopped onion, bell pepper, and minced garlic to the skillet and cook until the vegetables are softened.
- Add the chili powder, ground cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper to the skillet and stir well.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the meat mixture simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the meat mixture is simmering, heat the taco shells in the oven according to the package instructions.
- Place a spoonful of the meat mixture in each taco shell to assemble the tacos.
- Top with shredded lettuce, diced tomato, cheese, sour cream, and salsa.
- Serve hot, and enjoy!
Perfect for breakfast or even dinner, pancakes are a favorite among kids. Add some chocolate chips or blueberries for an extra special touch. Pancake is best option as breakfast and mostly kids didn’t want to do breakfast make pancakes for kids.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cooking spray or extra butter for greasing the pan
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- In another mixing bowl, beat the eggs and add milk, melted butter, and vanilla extract. Whisk until everything is well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Stay undermixed.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Lightly spray or brush with butter.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop the pancake batter and pour it onto the skillet.
- Cook the pancakes for 2-3 minutes on each side or until the edges are dry and the surface is bubbly.
- Flip the pancakes and cook for another 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
- Transfer the pancakes to a plate and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve hot with butter and maple syrup.
8. Grilled cheese
Bread, cheese, butter – it’s a winning combination. Make it more interesting by adding different types of cheese or even some bacon. Kids like cheese make grilled cheese at home for them and make happy kids.
- 4 slices of bread (white or whole wheat)
- 4 slices of cheddar cheese or American cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Preheat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Spread butter evenly on one side of each slice of bread.
- Place a slice of cheese on the unbuttered side of two slices of bread.
- Top each cheese slice with another piece of bread, with the buttered side facing up.
- Place the sandwiches on the skillet or griddle and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side until the bread is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Once both sides are crispy and the cheese is melted, remove the sandwiches from the skillet or griddle and let them cool for a minute.
- Cut the sandwiches in half diagonally and serve hot.
9. Chicken pot pie
A comforting and hearty meal, this dish can be made in individual portions for picky eaters.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen carrots
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pie crust
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a large skillet, cook the diced chicken until no longer pink. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion, celery, garlic, frozen peas, and frozen carrots, and cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the flour to the skillet and stir well. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Slowly add the chicken broth and milk to the skillet, stirring until smooth. Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 5-10 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Add the cooked chicken to the skillet and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the mixture into a 9-inch pie dish.
- Roll out the pie crust on a floured surface and place it over the top of the pie dish. Trim the edges and make several slits in the top to allow steam to escape.
- Bake the chicken pot pie for 30-35 minutes until the crust is golden brown, and the filling is hot and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!
10. Fruit smoothies
A healthy and delicious option, smoothies are a great way to get your kids to eat more fruit. Blend together some yogurt, milk, and fruit for a refreshing treat. Fruits are healthy but todays kids like fast food only make smoothies from fruits for kids definitely they will love.
- 1 banana
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or other milk of your choice)
- 1 tbsp honey (optional)
- Add the banana, frozen mixed berries, Greek yogurt, and almond milk to a blender.
- If you prefer a sweeter smoothie, add 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Blend the ingredients until smooth and creamy. If the smoothie is too thick, add more almond milk as needed.
- Pour the smoothie into a glass and enjoy immediately.
With these ten delicious recipes, your kids are sure to love mealtime a little bit more. The most difficult is to satisfy kids with home food but no worries try these recipes for your kids and make them happy. Happy cooking!