These easy and delicious Iftar recipes are for your fast. Ramadan is the ninth month of the Islamic calendar, and it is observed by Muslims worldwide as a month of fasting, prayer, and reflection. During the month of Ramadan, Muslims abstain from eating and drinking from dawn to dusk. The meal that is consumed at dusk to break the fast is called Iftar, and it is usually a time to gather with family and friends to share a meal. If you are looking for easy and delicious Iftar recipes to try at home, then look no further, as we have got you covered. Must try these easy and delicious Iftar recipes and enjoy!
1. Lentil Soup:
Lentil Soup is an excellent starter for Iftar. It is easy to make, and it is also very nutritious. Must try these easy and delicious Iftar recipes at home.
- 28 gramsof olive oil
- 115 gramsof chopped onion
- 6 gramsof minced garlic
- 140 gramsof peeled and chopped carrots
- 80 gramsof chopped celery stalks
- 2 gramsof ground cumin
- 2 gramsof ground coriander
- 1 gramof smoked paprika
- 0.5 gramsof dried thyme
- 0.5 gramsof dried oregano
- 200 gramsof dried brown or green lentils, rinsed and drained
- 4 cupsvegetable or chicken broth
- 411 gramsof diced tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley or cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Turn the flame on medium-high, put a pot on it, and heat the olive oil over medium-high. Add the onion and garlic and cook, occasionally stirring, until the onion softened, about 5 minutes.
- After that, add the carrots, celery, cumin, coriander, paprika, thyme, and oregano to the pot. Cook for about 5 minutes, occasionally stirring until the vegetables.
- Add the lentils, broth, and tomatoes (with their juices). Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the flame to low-medium and simmer, partially covered, for 30-40 minutes or until the lentils are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- If you prefer a smoother texture, use an immersion blender to puree some of the soup (or transfer some of the soup to a blender and blend until smooth, then return it to the pot).
- Serve hot, garnished with fresh parsley or cilantro, if desired. Enjoy!
2. Chicken Shawarma:
Chicken Shawarma is a flavorful dish that is perfect for Iftar. This Lebanese dish is made by marinating chicken in a mixture of yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, and spices. Must try these easy and delicious Iftar recipes at home.
- 907 grams boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of excess fat
- 60 grams of olive oil
- 60 grams of lemon juice
- 16 grams of minced garlic
- 6 grams of ground cumin
- 6 grams of ground coriander
- 6 grams of paprika
- 4 grams of turmeric
- 1 gram of cayenne pepper
- 5 grams of salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pita bread
- Toppings of your choice (such as chopped lettuce, diced tomatoes, sliced cucumbers, pickled vegetables, hummus, and tzatziki sauce)
- Mix the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, coriander, paprika, turmeric, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper in a bowl.
- Add the chicken thighs to the marinade and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 12 hours.
- When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and shake off any excess. Thread the chicken onto skewers and place them on a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the edges are slightly charred.
- Remove the chicken from the skewers and slice it into thin strips.
- Serve the chicken on pita bread, topped with your choice of toppings. Enjoy!
3. Vegetable Biryani:
Vegetable Biryani is a one-pot vegetarian dish that is easy to make and perfect for Iftar. Must try these easy and delicious Iftar recipes at home. You can add any vegetable you like to this recipe. Serve it with raita and some papadums.
- 400 grams of basmati rice, rinsed and soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 28 grams of ghee or vegetable oil
- 150 grams of thinly sliced onion
- 6 grams of minced garlic
- 10 grams of grated ginger
- 120 grams diced large carrot
- 150 grams of large bell pepper
- 120 grams of green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 120 grams of cauliflower florets
- 120 grams of frozen peas
- 7 grams of biryani masala (or a mix of ground coriander, cumin, cardamom, cinnamon, and cloves)
- 5 grams of turmeric
- 5 grams of salt
- 480 grams of vegetable broth or water
- 15 grams of chopped fresh cilantro
- 15 grams of chopped fresh mint
- Fried onions, for garnish (optional)
- Heat the ghee or oil over medium-high heat in a large pot . Add the onion, garlic, and ginger and cook, occasionally stirring, until the onion is sauté, it takes about 5 minutes.
- Add the carrot, bell pepper, green beans, and cauliflower. Cook, occasionally stirring, for about 5 minutes or until the vegetables are slightly softened.
- Add the drained rice and stir to coat with the vegetable mixture. Add the biryani masala, turmeric, and salt, and stir to combine.
- Pour in the vegetable broth or water and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the rice is cooked and the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in the frozen peas, cilantro, and mint. Cover the pot again and sit for 5 minutes to allow the peas to heat through.
- Fluff the biryani with a fork and transfer it to a serving platter. Garnish with fried onions, if desired. Enjoy!
4. Mixed Fruit Salad:
Mixed Fruit Salad is a refreshing dessert that is perfect for Iftar. Must try these easy and delicious Iftar recipes at home. It is made with a variety of fresh fruits like watermelon, kiwi, strawberry, mango, grapes, and apple. You can also add some mint leaves and a drizzle of honey for added flavor.
- 150 grams of strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 150 grams of blueberries
- 165 grams of diced pineapple
- 165 grams of diced mango
- 160 grams of seedless grapes, halved
- 21 grams of honey
- 15 grams of fresh lime juice
- Fresh mint leaves, chopped (optional)
- In a large bowl, add the strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, mango, and grapes.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together the honey and lime juice.
- Pour the honey-lime dressing over the fruit and toss with gentle hand to combine.
- Chill the fruit salad in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Before serving, sprinkle chopped mint leaves over the top, if desired. Enjoy!
5. Dates and Nuts:
Dates and Nuts are a perfect snack for Iftar. Dates are an excellent source of energy and are rich in fiber and vitamins. You can stuff them with almonds, walnuts, or pistachios for added flavor. Must try these easy and delicious Iftar recipes at home.
- 20 Medjool dates
- 20 whole almonds
- Using a small sharp knife, make a lengthwise cut in each date to remove the pit. Be careful to cut only some of the way through the date.
- Insert one whole almond into the cavity of each date, pushing it in as far as it will go.
you can add any nut which you like.
In conclusion, these are just a few easy and delicious Iftar recipes that you can try at home. Whether you are looking for savory dishes or sweet treats, there are plenty of options to choose from. Remember, Iftar is a time for togetherness and sharing, so do not forget to invite your friends and family to share the meal with you. Must try these easy and delicious Iftar recipes and enjoy!